The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a charitable non-governmental organization established in 1958, with the objective of improving the quality of lives of persons with disabilities using the Rights Based Approach for social inclusion and poverty reduction.
We will uphold the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty, fairness, transparency in ALL our operations.
Professionalism: We are passionate in our work, never compromising on our standards and values. We have put in measures that satisfy ALL stakeholders in our operational environment as we focus on enhancing our corporate image.
Customer Focus: We are committed to upholding the highest standards in our service delivery to ALL our stakeholders by treating them equitably.
Quality: We will ensure adoption and adherence to systems and processes that guarantee provision of products and services that meet and exceed customer’s expectations
Innovation and Creativity: We are a learning organization that encourages and facilitates creativity and innovative performance, while embracing change
Inclusivity: We are an organization that Includes and caters for people with disabilities in everyday activities and encouraging them to have roles similar to their peers who do not have a disability and making sure that adequate policies and practices are in effect in a community and our organization.
Responsiveness: We will exhibit a sense of social responsibility to persons with disabilities by having regard and response to their interests and needs in provision of services and appropriate devises.
Accountability: We are a people who are accountable and transparent to our beneficiaries, members, our partners and the public.
- To Create awareness on causes, prevention and management of various disabilities with the aim of reducing prevalence and overcome prejudices and traditional believes towards Persons with Disabilities.
- To promote quality rehabilitation services through medical/social rehabilitation and economic empowerment.
- To develop and provide low cost assistive/supportive appliances through appropriate technology to meet the needs of Persons with Disabilities especially in the rural community.
- To network with the Government and other partners to effectively co-ordinate activities targeting Persons with Disabilities to minimise duplication of services.
- To promote formation of grassroot groups of Persons with disabilities to increase their self-confidence to achieve full participation in their communities and attain equal rights.