Have you been diagnosed with a physical or sensory disability? We recognize that acquiring a disability or having your child diagnosed with disability can be devastating.
APDK offers you quality occupational therapy services focused on improving the quality of life of children and adults with disability.
Treatment modalities include;
- Assessment and evaluation of clients.
- Sensory integration techniques
- Manual therapy techniques
- Development of cognitive skills
- Therapeutic techniques
- Hand therapy – Splinting
- Assistive technology assessment
- Home adjustments
- Self-care/home management training
- Support groups
- Health Education
what to expect from our occupational therapy clinics;
- Make everyday activities easier and less time-consuming for you and anyone assisting or living with you.
- Assist you gain more independence and control over your lives.
- Encourage and advise you on safe practice.
- Help you adapt to your new norm, enhance your confidence and self-esteem
- Help your child achieve the Developmental Delayed Milestones
- Nutritional assessment and treatment advices from our Nutritionist seconded by the government
- HIV counselling services
- Neuro-surgeon’s advice in collaboration with Bethany Kids Hospital
- Orthopaedic surgeon’s advice in collaboration with Cure International Hospital
Conditions we treat;
|· Lower back pains||· Ambulation||· Hemiplegia/stroke|
|· Spinal/back pains||· Arthritis||· Fracture complications|
|· Sports injuries||· General body weakness||· Delayed milestone|
|· Downs Syndrome||· Congenial club foot||· Cerebral palsy|
|· Osteomyelitis||· Post burs contractions||· Hydrocephalus|
|· Spina bifida||· Autism||· Scoliosis|
|· Ricket;Bow legs/knock knee||· Attention deficit||· Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)|
Demystifying disability visit our resource centre to learn more
Tales of Tranformation
Book an appointment
We are located on Waiyaki Way opposite ABC Place/ between Njuguna’s meatjoint and Kabete Army Barracks, we are open from Monday to Friday from 8:00am. Call 0722 33 46 77 to book an appointment.