Innovation to Inclusion (i2i) was a program designed to develop, test, validate, and share learning from interventions that will directly improve access to waged employment in the private sector for women and men with disabilities. The project aimed at exploring innovative market-based interventions to improve livelihoods and autonomy for women and men with disabilities through collaboration with traditional and non-traditional partners to generate data and evidence to further the understanding of whether persons with disabilities are benefiting from economic opportunities, promote sustained inclusive economic employment for persons with disabilities, particularly women.
The Project continued to address barriers to employment for persons with disabilities by having a robust engagement with OPDs at both national and grassroots levels to strengthen access to work and employment as well as social protection in line with UNCRPD articles 27 and 28 respectively. Through the OPD engagements, the project finalized the development of advocacy toolkits on employment and social protection. These toolkits include advocacy videos and policy statements/ briefs.
- Developed a career portal where persons with disabilities can seek employment, upload their resume and learn digital skills
- The Career portal was hand over to the government’s agency – NCPWD for sustainability purposes. please follow link below
- developed advocacy toolkits on employment and social protection
- placed 281 person with disabilities in waged employment
- supported 305 person with disabilities with employability skills development
- conducted sensitization workshops on accessibility and safety for passengers with disability to transport owners, NTSA Officers, Transport SACCOs
- Developed messages promoting accessibility and safety of passengers with a disability
Career Portal Link
Are you a person with a disability looking for a job, internship or attachment? Register/login to NCPWD Career Portal to get your next opportunity! ncpwd.fuzu.com
APDK in collaboration with CBM through the Innovation to Inclusion (i2i) Project, launched the Career Portal (ncpwd.fuzu.com) and handed it over to National Council for Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) for sustainability purposes.
The Project also set up computer hubs in its regional offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu. This enables persons with disabilities visiting these offices to access the NCPWD employment portal.