One to One Hands On Care
This clinic is operated by trained Occupational Therapists to help people with a physical or sensory disability attain maximum independent through assisting them find ways of coping with the effects of disability. This involves helping children with disability achieve delayed developmental milestones, identifying tasks that people find difficult to carry out and developing ways to adapt techniques.
The OT services aim to:
- Give people more independence and control over their lives.
- Make everyday activities easier and less time-consuming for people with disabilities, their families and caregivers
- Encourage and advise people on occupational adaptation
- Help people to adapt to their disabilities and enhance their confidence and self-esteem.
Activities that take place in occupational therapy clinic include:
- Assessment and evaluation of clients.
- Formulation of treatment plans
- Implement Treatment plans of clients
- Follow up treatment programmes
- Guiding and counseling
- Nutritional assessment and treatment.
- Health education.