Association for the
Physically Disabled of Kenya
President Uhuru Kenyatta
tours APDK Rehab clinic
When he presided over
Kenya's Former Vice President &
Our Patron, Hon. Dr. Moody Awori
EBS, EGH giving a speech
Kenya's 1st Lady,
H.E Margaret Kenyatta
tours APDK's Rehab clinic after
the Strategic Plan Launch
Occupational Therapy Clinic
The Creative Treasures of
Fair Trade Shop
Join us in transforming lives of person with disability
APDK is a charitable not-for-profit, Non-governmental Organization that is committed towards improving the lives of persons with disability through advocating for an inclusive society, provision of rehabilitation services (physio- and Occupational Therapy) provision of appropriate wheelchairs and assistive technology (crutches, walking frames, surgical boots), economical empowered and advocating for rights of persons with disability.
Make a difference today
1. Promoting access to rehabilitation services: 1 in 2 persons with disabilities cannot afford healthcare (W.H.O). APDK with assistance from the development partners and well-wishers directly benefits over 500,000 persons with disabilities. Your donation of US$ 10, will enable a child born with cerebral palsy benefit from two sessions of physiotherapy and help train caregivers. Learn more…..
2. Promoting attainment of maximum independence: It is estimated that only 16% of wheelchair users can afford a wheelchair (W.H.O). Your donation of US$ 25 will ensure provision of an appropriate wheelchair to a need person with disability. Learn more……..
3. Promoting right to work and employment: In Kenya the employment rate of persons with disabilities is about 1% compared to 73.8% for the general population (Disability & Rehabilitation 2020). Support us now, upload your job advertisement in our career portal. Learn more……..
4. Preventing disability: 1,653 babies are born with clubfoot annually in Kenya,(Global Clubfoot Initiative). Your donation of US$ 10 will enable a children with Clubfoot receive early intervention session of clubfoot management using Plaster of Paris or appropriate boots to enhance corrective. learn more…….
5. Promoting a green environment for sustainable living: Our handicrafts products in Bombolulu Workshops are made from recycled materials. Join us today in promoting a green environment by placing your learn more ……..
Join Us on Facebook
OUR SERVICES AND PRODUCTS
Your contribution to APDK will enhance provision of rehabilitation services and transform lives of persons with disability
Empowering persons with different abilities
- Ability Beyond Disability
- Innovation to Inclusion
- Promoting Access to Health
- Promoting Inclusive employment
- Training on Disability Mainstreaming
- Entrepreneurship trainings(VLSA)
- Likoni Quality Furniture Workshop
- Bombolulu Workshops & Culture Center
- Capacity Building
- Training Care Givers