Head of Human Resources
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a well-established Kenya (NGO) with 10 branches divided into 4 regional hubs.
APDK seeks to employ a Human Resource Manager to head the Human Resource Department. APDK has a workforce of 479, a quarter of whom arepersons with different abilities.
The key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Human resource policies – develop, implement and maintain human resources policies across the organisation, including training programs to educate and promote awareness of the organization mandate and regulatory compliance.
- Selection and Recruitment – Directing and managing the recruitment and selection process, and training of line managers in interviewing and assessment procedures.
- Reporting and management of human resources metrics – produce reports on key metrics, including remuneration and benefits, absenteeism and turnover.
- Performance management – deliver performance management programs that drive a high performance culture within the organization
- Learning and development – implement and monitor effectiveness of training programs.
- Advise the organization to professionally and legally deal with possible redundancies, union matters and retirement issues.
- Undertake regular reviews of HR systems, policies and procedures to ensure conformity with best practices.
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues and opportunities.
- Demonstrate commitment to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, including development and training of staff in these areas.
Qualification Required and Experience
1. BSc/BA in Social Sciences, Business Administration and Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource, or relevant field. MSc/MA in human resource will be an added advantage.
2. A minimum 3 years’ of experience in a similar role.
3. Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives.
4. Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
5. Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices.
6. A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element.
7. Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
8. Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
9. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Diligent and firm with high ethical standards.
11. Must be a Dually Paid up member of IHRM.
12. Must have experience in setting up departments from scratch.
13. Knowledgeable in developing structures and systems.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record in accomplishing complex, broad-spectrum assignments
- Analytical, conceptual and numerical skills
- Superior management flair
- Good inter-personal skills
The Chief Executive Office/National Director
If you feel you have the right qualifications and experience send us a cover letter of no more than one page indicating why you think you are the right candidate for the job and your CV of not more than 3 pages. Please indicate your current salary and what you would expect your salary and benefits will be if recruited.
To apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity, post or hand deliver your resume on or before 18 th September 2018 to:
The National Director
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK)
Waiyaki Way, opposite ABC/Oilibya Petrol Station
P O Box 46747 00100
APDK is an equal employer, persons with different abilities and parents of children with different abilities are engaged to apply.